GOOGLE ADVANCED DISPLAY EXAM Q&A
1. An advertiser looking to drive conversions is using manual cost-per-click (CPC) bidding which factor should be most important for this advertiser when keyword bids are decided ?
A- The profit derived from a paid click.
2. In the case of a placement targeted ad on the Google Display Network, the Quality Score Portion of calculating Ad Rank is based on ?
A- the quality of your landing page.
3. you are starting a new campaign with the goals of achieving positive ROI and extending to all profitable traffic. How can the Adwords average daily budget setting help when starting out?
A- it can help limit your costs and exposure while profitability is achieved.
4. which is a factor that Google uses to target ads to users based on physical location ?
A- Internet Protcol (IP) address.
5. which best describes the “Optimize” ad rotation setting in Adwords ?
A- The “Optimize” ad rotation setting allows the Adwords system to automatically shows
the better performing ads more often.
6. Grouping similar keywords together in an ad group will ?
A- allow an advertiser to create ads relevant to those keywords.
7. A primary benefit of location targeting is that advertisers can ?
A- target any combination of countries, territories, and regions.
8. Quality Score and Ad Rank are calculated.
A- Every time someone dose search that triggers your ad.
9. An advertiser wants to achieve the top position in paid search results. which recommendation would improve the likelihood of top ad position ?
A- Improve Quality Score and increase cost-per-click (CPC).
10. It is important to identify offers like “free shipping” before building an AdWords campaign in order to.
A- Create compelling ad text.
11. which line of ad text would be disapproved based on Google’s advertising policies ?
A- Best deals – click here.
12. which are the required components of an ad group on the Search Network ?
A- Text ad, keywords, default bid.
13. which potential factor does Google use to calculate a search campaign’s
recommended daily budget ?
14. which formula represents how Ad Rank is determined on Google search ?
A- Maximum cost-per-click (CPC) multiplied by Quailty score.
15. which best describes keyword contextual targeting ?
A- Themes of keywords are matched to relevant content on website where ads will appear.
16. which is a benefit of adwords for search marketing ?
A- Acquire potential qualified customers.
17. when sitelinks are set at both the campaign and ad group level, which will be displayed?
A- sitelinks at the ad group level.
18. A keyword with a very low clickthrough rate (CTR) will usually receive.
A- a low Quality score on the Google search network.
19. Amy, a new account manager at Bob’s agency, will be working with three specific account underneath a My Client Center (MCC) account which is the best way for bob to limit her access to only those accounts ?
A-Create a new MCC account linked to the original MCC account, and then move the three accounts into that MCC.Grant any access to that sub-MCC only.
20.It is beneficial to create multiple ad group in order to.
A- break up keywords and ads into related themes.
21. A My Client Center (MCC) account manager wants to grant Standard Access to a linked client. Before making this change, the account manager should consider that standard Access users can.
A- see average cost-per-click (CPC) costs.
22. How often does the Adwords system run an auction to decide which ads to show on the Google search page?
A-Every time a user enters a search query.
23. An advertiser wants to allocate additional budget to advertising a new product line. In order to accomplish this goal, the advertiser should create.
A- an ad group specific to the product line with a higher daily budget.
24. Jim’s restaurant is launching a new campaign and would like greater exposure on mobile devices to attract users on the go. How can this be done?
A- Enable a bid adjustment to bid more aggressively on mobile devices.
25. By monitoring ad campaign performance, an advertiser may obtain the information needed to.
A- determine if campaigns are meeting overall marketing and conversion goals.
26. The maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bid is the.
A- most an advertiser is willing to pay for each click on an ad.
27.If an advertiser improves the Quality Score of a keyword, this keyword may.
A- seam the ad a higher average position.
28. If your ad serving option is set to “optimize” and there are multiple variations of your text ads within the same ad group. AdWords will.
A- automatically try to show the best performing ad more often.
29. which is a best practice for creating effective ad text?
A- Include prices, promotions, and exclusives.
30.which is a best practice for creating effective ad text ?
A.Include prices, promotions, and exclusives.
31. An advertiser creates a new ad group in a campaign that is set to run on all relevant sites across the Google Display Network. If both keywords and placement are added to the ad group, they would work together to.
A- restrict the ads to specific sites and show them only when the content of a that site’s page is relevant to the keywords.
32. which formula dose Google use to rank keyword targeted ads on Google search?
A- Maximum cost-per-click (CPC) bid * Quality score.
33.If the cost-per-thousand impressions (CPM) option is not available for a campaign, the most likely reason is that the compaign.
A- is only opted into Google serach and the Search Network.
34.Your ad is live on Google search, and you want to continue to check it over time to see if it is still running. why is it advised that you use the ad preview and diagnosis tool, instead of doing searching to find your ad on Google.com?
A- By performing searches that trigger your ad, you’ll rack up impressions without clicks, which can lower your click through rate and prevent your ad from appearing as often as it should.
35. with social extension, how are +1′s calculated for your ad and Google+ page?
A- only +1′s from your Google+ page are showing in the count that is visible on your ad.
36. what is the impact of poor landing page quality on an ad group?
A- The keywords in the ad group will have a lower Quality Score.
37. Suppose you’ve created an ad group to advertise gourmet chocolate,and it includes keywords like “dark chocolate” and “gourmet chocolate bars.” If you opted this particular campaign into the Google Display Network, what type of targeting would automatically be used to determine where your ads might show?
A- Topic targeting would be used to target all pages about chocolate, regardless of whether your exact keywords appear on the page.
38.when resetting a password in AdWords, what should a user keep in mind?
A- The new password is now required to access all other Google products with the affected google account log-in.
39.with the smart pricing feature in Display, if our data shows that a click from google Display Network page is less likely to turn into an actionable business result- such as an online sale, registration, phone call or newsletter sign-up-we may.
A- automatically reduce your cost-per-click bids on the Google Display Network.
40. On the Display Network, all keywords are considered broad match only. this means that you don’t need to.
A- include plurals, misspellings, and other variants of your keywords.
41.A bilingual user searches Google.com (the google U.S. domain) and has set Spanish as the preferred Google interface language.In order to target this particular user, which campaign language setting should an advertiser use?
42.which budget delivery option is most appropriate for an advertiser who want AdWords to distribute ads evenly throughout the day?
43. which can be controlled at the ad-group level of an AdWords account?
44.what should an advertiser use to organize ad group?
A- Common themes.
45. Adding placements to an ad group.
A- does not affect the Quality Score for search.
46.According to ad policies, what types of words, phrases, or characters can not be inlcude in an AdWords text ad?
A- Ads can’t use call-to-action phrases such as “click here”, or “See this site”
47.An advertiser is focused primarily on direct response, as opposed to branding. the advertiser should delete keywords from a search campaign if the keywords.
A- generate many impressions and very few conversions.
48. the main goal of automatic cost-per-click (CPC) bidding is to:
A- generate as many clicks as possible within an advertiser’s target budget.
49.A benefit of My Client Center (MCC) is the.
A- dashboard that provides summaries of statics for all client accounts.
50.what is a benefit of online advertising with Google AdWords?
A- Ads are displayed to users who are searching for a particular product or service.
51. what type of bidding method is used to manage image ads on the Google Display Network?
A- CPM and/or CPC.
52. Display inventory on the Google Display Network can come from AdSense or.
A- The Double click Ad Exchange.
53. what happens as a result of a search campaign consistently meeting its daily budget?
A- missed potential ad impressions.
54. In order for cost-per-click (CPC) ads and cost- per -thousand impressions (CPM) ads to compete with each other in the same auction on the Google Display Network, the AdWords system converts the CPC ad’s bid to.
A- a CPM.
55.which method would be recommended for an advertiser who is trying to increase the Quality score of a low- performing keyword?
A- Modify the ad associated with that keyword to direct to a highly- relevant landing page.
56.You’re managing a campaign where budget is unlimited as long as ROI is positive, but something still limits how much you’re able to effectively invest. what is it ? choose the most closely related answer.
A- The value of traffic available for the keywords you’re targeting.
57. when setting an Adwords account, choose your currency and permanent time zone carefully because.
A- these cannot be changed once you’ve set up your account.
58. you are focused on reaching viewers with video content, and are looking to play only when a user views your ad (CPV model) which form of AdWords video adverising would be most appropriate?
A- True View video formats.
59. An advertiser creates a new search campaign with the goal of driving traffic to a new
website. the advertiser wants to spend very little time setting and managing individual
keywords bids. which is the best bidding option for this advertiser?
A- Automatic cost-per- click (CPC).
60. A lower CPA does not necessarily indicate higher profit. why?
A- A lower CPA may also have lower sales volume,reducing overall profit.
61. An advertise wants to increase clickthrougth rate (CTR). which would help to eliminate irrelevant impressions?
A- Add negative keywords to the ad group.
62. which is a benefit of manager defined spend (mds)?
A- Control over managed account budgets for My Client Center (MCC) account users.
63. what best describes Enhanced cost-per-click (ECPC)?
A- ECPC is a CPC bidding feature that automatically bids more aggressively in auctions more likely to result in a conversion.
64.you’ve been targeting the United States in your scuba diving equipment ad campaign, but you you know that much of the scuda equipment that is sold is to customers in Hawaii. what would be the most efficient way to optimize your campaign and measure the impact of an optimization?
A- you create a separate targeting only Hawaii so you can easily see how your campaign perfoms in that state, and adjust your budget.
65. Negative keywords can help advertisers refine the targeting of their ads, and potentialy increase.
A- the clickthrougth rate (CTR) of their ads.
66. why should you avoid adding duplicate keywords across ad group?
A-identical keywords compete against each other, and the better-performing keyword triggers your ad.
67. Avertisers on google search accrue cost in AdWords when.
A- users click on their ads.
68. your text ad includes the phrase “your friends has a crush on you, see morel”. why could your ad be disapproved according to AdWords policies?
A- Ads can not simulate email inbox notification or fake “friend / crush” requests.
69. Location extensions can:
A- help nearby consumers find or call your nearest storefront.
70. How do managed placements on the Display Network?
A- Advertisers manually select the desired sites on which their ads may appear.
71. If you’ve set a maximum CPC bid of $1 fo your ads, and if the next most competitive bid is only $0.50 for the same ad position, what is the maximum CPC you would need to pay to show your ad- assuming your ad is similar in the other aspects?
72. Christiana is an advertiser that wants to drive traffic to her site, has return on investment goals, and is already using Adwords Conversion Tracking. Which bidding strategy is best for Christiana?
A- Cost-per-click (CPC)
73. Ad groups should be used to:
A- organize your ads by a common theme, such as the types of products or services you want to advertise.
74. Higher Quality Scores typically lead to:
A- lower costs and better ad positions
75. The opportunities tab with AdWords can be used to:
A- Find keyword, bid, and budget ideas that can help improve your campaign performance
76. Advertising on TV, print, and radio typically requires a predetermined budget. What key differences enable some online advertising campaigns to invest with more flexibility without a predetermined budget in mind?
A- Online campaigns are highly measurable and can often automate a positive ROI. It can be strategic to capture all traffic without a predetermined budget as long as ROI is positive.
77. An advertiser adds negative keywords to an ad group within a search campaign. This means that the ad will not show if negative keywords:
A- appear in a user’s search query.
78. A My Client Center (MCC) account functions primarily as:
A- an umbrella account that allows for access to individual accounts with a single log-in.
79. By adding managed placements to a Display Network campaign- you can show your ad:
A- on specific webpages, online videos, RSS Feeds, and Mobile Sites and Apps that you select.
80. You can use the Contextual Targetting Tool to:
A- see potential webpages where your ad can appear based on your keyword.
81. When a campaign is showing as “Pending” within Adwords, it is:
A- Inactive but scheduled to begin at a future date.
82. Quality score on Google search is evaluated:
A- every time someone does a search that triggers your ad.
83. An online retail company is based in the United States but ships to customers all over the world. If this company wants to serve spanish language ads to Spanish-speaking users, which targetting option should be refined?
A- Language Targeting
84. To determine which ad language to target to a user, the AdWords system refers to that users:
A- Google interface language setting
85. Someone using the Google Russian search domain (Google.ru) changes the language to English on the “preferences” page. This user may see ads targeted to:
A- English speakers in Russia
86. Which is a benefit of search advertising with Google Adwords?
A- Ability to pay for specific placement in top ad positions.
87. An advertiser who decides to edit the location targeting of an ad can do this at the:
A- campaign level
88. If your campaign is opted in to show ads on the Google Display network, and your Display Network ads have a lower CTR than your existing search ads- how will this impact the quality score of your search campaign?
A- Your ad performance on the Display Network does not affect your rank on search ads, so a lower CTR on the Display Network doesn’t affect the Quality Score of your ads for search
89. When optimizing your campaign, you can get ideas for negative keyword and placement exclusion list through which AdWords tool?
A- Placement performance report
90. Which AdWords settings are specified at the account level?
A- A unique email address, a password, and billing information
91. Fred is a Google AdWords consultant for his client. He is explaining to his client that there are
actually three ways to add managed placements to an ad group. Which one of the following is
NOT one of the three methods Fred can use to add managed placements to an ad group?
A. Manually adding
B. Browsing the Web for placements with the Google AdWords toolbar
C. Copying from the automatic placement table
D. Using the Placement tool
92. Bob is reviewing his Google AdWords for the Google Content Network, which has been running
for the past sixty days. Bob is interested in the view-through conversion tracking. What is View
through conversion tracking?
A. It’s the number of conversions that have happened after a user saw, but didn’t click, Bob’s ad.
B. It’s the number of conversions that have happened from a video ad.
C. It’s the conversion rate for ads in the Google Content Network.
D. It’s the cost of conversions that have happened after a user saw Bob’s ad online.
93. Mary Jane wants to use the view-through conversion tracking feature in Google AdWords. How
long must Mary Jane’s ad run before she can use this feature accurately?
A. 30 days
B. 60 days
C. 24 hours
D. 7 days
94. Google has some very specific recommendations for planning a display campaign. According to
Google, what is the top recommendation for planning an effective display campaign?
A. Set your bids and budget.
B. Identify your goals.
C. Find your target audience.
D. Create your custom display ad.
95. Henry has created a video that he’d like to include in the Google Content Network. His video is a demonstration of a product that he sells on his website. With this type of content, what type of video advertising is Henry interested in using in the Google Content Network?
A: Video placement ad
B: Click-to-play video ad
C: Overlay video ad
D: In-stream video ad
96. In the Google Content Network, there are three bidding strategies that a Google AdWords advertiser may use. Which one of the following is NOT one of the three bidding strategies in the Google Content Network?
A: Cost-per-acquisition bidding
B: Cost-per-thousand bidding
C: Cost-per-click bidding
D: Cost-per-month bidding
97. Google makes many recommendations for Google AdWords users for direct response campaigns. One of the recommendations Google makes is to implement cost-per-click bidding so that you only pay when people click your ad. What other reason is valid for using the cost-per-click bidding?
A: If you want to include video overlays ads, you must use cost-per-click bidding.
B: If you want to be included in Google Content Network, you must use cost-per-click bidding.
C: If you want to use the Conversion Optimizer tool, you must use cost-per-click bidding.
D: If you are creating a display ad, you must use cost-per-click bidding.
98. Jan has a Website selling shoes and socks online. She would like to use Google AdWords’ cost-peracquisition approach for her ads. If Jan uses this approach what must she also do?
A: Jan must set her CPC maximum bids to a minimum of 25 cents.
B: Jan must also use Google Checkout.
C: Jan must be a preferred Google vendor.
D: Jan must use the Conversion Optimizer
99. You are managing a Google AdWords campaign for a company. You launch a new display campaign. In the first week of the campaign launch, you noticed a large number of clicks but no conversions. Which of the following actions can you perform to resolve the issue?
Each correct answer represents a complete solution. Choose two.
A: Evaluate performance of campaign regularly.
B: Verify that your conversion code is set up correctly.
C: Increase bidding for successful sites.
D: Check the ad creative and the landing page to make sure they are well matched.
Answer: B, D
100. Amy is managing a Google AdWords campaign for her company. Her manager has asked Amy to create a performance report for the overall campaign performance. What steps will Amy take to generate this performance report?
A: Amy will click Campaigns, then Reports, then Create New Report for All Campaigns, and then she’ll select the Campaign Performance option.
B: Amy will click Campaigns, then Reports, then Create New Report, and then she’ll select the Campaign Performance option.
C: Amy will click Opportunities, then Keywords, then Create New Report, and then she’ll select the Campaign Performance option.
D: Amy will click Reporting, then Reports, then Create New Report, and then she’ll select the Campaign Performance option.
101. Google has some very specific recommendations for planning a display campaign. According to Google, what is the top recommendation for planning an effective display campaign?
A: Find your target audience.
B: Create your custom display ad.
C: Set your bids and budget.
D: Identify your goals.
102. Allen is managing ads for his company and he’d like to include the ads in the Google Content Network. Where does Allen configure automatic placements of ads in the Google Content Network for his campaigns?
A: Allen will select “Relevant pages across the entire network” in the “Network Settings” section on his “Networks” tab.
B: Allen will select “Relevant pages across the entire network” in the “Network Settings” section on his “Settings” tab.
C: Allen will select “Relevant pages across the entire network” in the “Network Settings” section on his “Opportunities” tab.
D: Allen will select “Relevant pages across the entire network” in the “Ad Settings” section on his “Settings” tab.
103. Bob is reviewing his Google AdWords for the Google Content Network, which has been running for the past sixty days. Bob is interested in the view-through conversion tracking. What is viewthrough conversion tracking?
A: It’s the number of conversions that have happened from a video ad.
B: It’s the number of conversions that have happened after a user saw, but didn’t click, Bob’s ad.
C: It’s the cost of conversions that have happened after a user saw Bob’s ad online.
D: It’s the conversion rate for ads in the Google Content Network
104. Andy is a consultant to a business that wants to advertise in the Google Content Network. He recommends that the business owner use the contextual targeting for his ads. What is the contextual targeting?
A: The contextual targeting allows the business owner to select keywords related to the products for sale so his ads will show on related Websites.
B: The contextual targeting allows the business owner to target specific demographics.
C: The contextual targeting allows the business owner to insert ads into a series of related We bsites.
D: The contextual targeting allows the business owner to target specific languages.
105. Fred is a Google AdWords consultant for his client. He is explaining to his client that there are actually three ways to add managed placements to an ad group. Which one of the following is NOT one of the three methods Fred can use to add managed placements to an ad group?
A: Manually adding
B: Using the Placement tool
C: Copying from the automatic placement table
D: Browsing the Web for placements with the Google AdWords toolbar
106. Mary Jane wants to use the view-through conversion tracking feature in Google AdWords.
How long must Mary Jane’s ad run before she can use this feature accurately?
A: 7 days
B: 30 days
C: 24 hours
D: 60 days
107. Jeffrey has an online store that caters to collectors of antique pins based on comic book characters. His audience is small, but dedicated. If you were advising Jeffrey about his online advertising sales, which of the following would be the best strategy considering Jeffrey’s audience?
A: Use Google AdWords for search marketing.
B: Use Google AdWords with hundreds of comic-book based keywords.
C: Use the Google Content Network with automatic placements based on hundreds of comic-book based keywords.
D: Use the Google Content Network for niche placements.